If you haven’t done so yet, September may be a good month to really switch to healthier living by going organic.
To help you along the way, we are starting a mini series or tasty recipies, easy to follow, created by UK chefs. Here is the first one:
Abel & Cole’s Organic September Poached Egg on Toast with Feta & Sweetcorn
Soil Association partner farm Abel & Cole has created this delicious organic recipe – perfect for Organic September.
For a selection of delicious organic recipes from some of the UK’s best chefs visit the site here: https://www.soilassociation.org/organic-living/organic-recipes/
Ingredients – Serves 1
Takes: 15 min
- 1 tbsp organic fresh corn sliced off the cob
- 1 organic egg
- 1 tbsp organic white wine vinegar
- 1 slice of organic sourdough
- A drizzle of organic avocado oil
- A handful of organic rocket
- 25g organic feta
- A couple of pinches of organic alfalfa sprouts
- A few slices of organic chilli
- Organic sea salt
- Organic freshly ground pepper
- Place a pan of water on the hob and bring to a bubble. While the water heats, toast the corn in a dry frying pan for a couple of mins till a little browned, then set aside.
- Toast your sourdough. Drizzle over a little avocado oil.
- Crack an egg into a small dish. Pour the vinegar into the pan of bubbling water. Carefully pour the egg into the bubbling water. Cook for 2 mins for a runny egg or a little longer for a more set yolk.
- Place the toast on a plate. Top with the rocket. Crumble over the feta. Add a pinch of alfalfa sprouts. Scatter over the toasted corn.
- Lift the egg out of the pan with a slotted spoon and place it on top of the toast. Top with a few more alfalfa sprouts. Scatter over the chilli slices. Drizzle over a little more rich avocado oil. Finish with a good scattering of sea salt and a crack of pepper.
Hello there, we’re Abel & Cole. We deliver fantastic boxes of organic fruit & veg to happy, healthy homes across the country. We’ve been digging around for almost 30 years now, so we really know our carrots and spuds and we work directly with fantastic, small family farmers. Find out more about us here: www.abelandcole.co.uk